Thursday, June 2, 2011

Count Down!

Wow, this year went by so fast.  I remember my first day in September, 2010 like it was yesterday.  As I stepped on this large new campus I remember how excited I was.  The structure seemed to rise high into the sky, much larger than any school I had previously attended.  It seemed to accentuate the space above me, bringing into focus the bluest sky.  The view from the cafeteria of KTLA, the Hollywood sign perched atop the Hollywood Hills, and Hollywood itself made me feel privileged.  In the months leading up to my arrival, I would study the facade of the school through my car window as my dad drove past and be amazed by the perfection assembled with brick, concrete, glass, and steel.  The sleek design of the school intrigued me.  Looking back, my 9th-grade year has been an amazing one.  I've laughed out loud, enjoyed some delicious ironies, endured a few terrible moments, survived disappointments, but intensely enjoyed several funny moments.  Taken together, I have enjoyed every minute of my time at this school.  I feel lucky to have been able to see with my own eyes and greet the cast of Glee.  I'm so thankful I chose this school.  This school has an amazing learning environment, it has patient and smart teachers, and the comfortable campus itself encourages and challenges me to learn more.  I love all of it.  The teachers at Bernstein take their time and make a conscientious effort to teach you; not like other schools where teachers show up in the classroom just because it's their job.  When you don't understand a specific task or subject, our teachers will make the time to help you.  I am looking forward to three more good years here at Bernstein High School.  I love it.

Lupe Aguirre

No comments:

Post a Comment