Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Spotlight On: The Talented Danny Regalado

We were really fortunate to get this interview of Danny Regalado.  In fact, it may not have taken place without our excellent connection of Ana Regalado . . . yes, Danny's younger sister.  His sister Ana is a contributing member of the Dragon News staff.  It was she who conducted the interview, first in person and then followed up via text.  Danny is one of the many talented students here at Bernstein.  We continue to shake our heads at the amount of talent and at the level of talent that walks the grounds at Bernstein High School.  Here is what Danny shared with us: 
Ana:      Where do you see yourself in 5 years ? 
Danny:  "I see myself playing about 10 different instruments and becoming a professional chef."

Ana:       How are you preparing yourself for school ?
Danny:   "I prepare myself by going over old work.  I keep on task in everything I do in school.  I am prepared enough to attend college."

Ana:       How do you feel when you're on stage ?
Danny:   "I feel like it is me.  I can be myself doing what I love, being on stage and doing singing."

Ana:       What are you trying to express when you're singing?
Danny:    "I express my feelings with the lyrics of the music.  I try acting it out, not singing but I act."

Ana:        How do you want people to remember you?
Danny:    "I don't know.  I want people to remember me as the kid that dresses funny and nice."

My interview was brief but it is good to have some reflections from this talented young man.  If you have not heard Danny sing and haven't seen him perform, you should.  You can see a few of his performances here, here, and here.

 Ana Regaldo

No comments:

Post a Comment